Friday, October 16, 2009

Cozi- Online Family Organizer


A couple of years ago, I had an idea. An idea for an invention that I thought did not exist and that I could make a lot of money on. That is, until I went online only to find out that Microsoft had partnered with another company and were already developing a similar idea!

I am very dependent on my Microsoft Outlook calendar at work to keep me on track and remind me of important meetings. This helps me stay organized and not to forget anything. But, I noticed that things were DISORGANIZED at home. I thought, if only I had an Outlook touch screen calendar on my fridge, to remind me when to pay bills, of birthdays, hair appts, vet appts, important deadlines, and help me manage grocery lists, etc. I don’t spend much time on the computer at home, nor do I have an iphone, so having it in a common place, such as the kitchen, is ideal. Although what has been developed does not go on the refrigerator, Cozi has created a solution to a problem that is surprisingly shared by many (especially stay-at-home mom’s). Cozi is an online family organizer everyone in your household can access from any computer. It that allows you to not only manage your calendar, create lists (including grocery lists!), reminders & messages, a family journal, mobile phone access, and photo collage screen saver. When your computer is idle, you have a screen saver that displays your pictures, while also showing deadlines for upcoming events. The thing that l like most about this was the list option. You can create your grocery list online and then either access it online through your mobile phone or simply call a number that will either tell you your list over the phone audibly or text it to you while you’re at the store. No more digging in your pockets and purse for that list! This is also an environmentally friendly option because you no longer have to use paper.


Although, I do not use my computer much, I think I will start using Cozi at home to help me maintain just as much organization at home as I do at work.

Best of all, Cozi is FREE! Check it out… http://www.cozi.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment