I recommend that you try this if you are ever working a position where you are required to take notes or minutes. It will save you a lot of time, plus it's fun!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Digital Notebooks
I know that digital notebooks have been around a while, but I imagine some of you do not know exactly what they are and what they do. Like I mentioned earlier, I am a secretary, and am always looking for ways to improve efficiency in my work. My boss, who is aware of the cutting edge technology, introduced me to digital notebooks. At first, I was very skeptical, given my very limited experience with technology, however, now that I know how they work I love them! I attend many meetings where I have to take notes. Previously, I used my own notebook and I would type up my notes and send them to others. A digital notebook allows you to take notes as normal with a special pen on special paper. The pen has a camera on it that captures the text as you write it on the special paper and stores it until you download it onto the computer. When you download it onto the computer, the computer reads your handwriting and converts it into Microsoft Word. This is so convenient because it allows me to very quickly send out meeting notes, with very little typing/editing. It also allows me to give someone in my meeting the original notes, since a copy is stored digitally in the pen. Here is a picture of an example of a digital pen & notebook.
I recommend that you try this if you are ever working a position where you are required to take notes or minutes. It will save you a lot of time, plus it's fun!
I recommend that you try this if you are ever working a position where you are required to take notes or minutes. It will save you a lot of time, plus it's fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment