Friday, October 23, 2009

Wordpress Websites


This week I learned a new and exciting technology called Wordpress. I had heard of Wordpress and thought it was only used for blogging. In addition to blogging, you can actually create complete websites in Wordpress. Wordpress has an interactive user-face that allows you to create and update your website as easily as your Facebook account. Best of all, it’s free! All you have to do is visit Wordpress.org and download the files to create your website onto a server. Mine is currently stored on the H drive, “www” folder which all purdue students have access to. You could create your own website today if you wanted to.


I knew there had to be a better way to create websites besides writing it in HTML. This is even more simple than programs like Dreamweaver. There are hundreds of design templates that you can download for free which makes your website look professional and you don’t have to spend hours coming up with a design yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment